走遍美国13
Hi, Grandpa.
嗨,爷爷。
Hi, Robbie.
嗨,Robbie。
Can I help?
要我帮忙吗?
Yes, indeed.
对,正需要。
Hand me two eggs from the refrigerator,
替我从冰箱里拿两个蛋来,
and I'll make you two fried eggs.
我给你煎两个蛋。
How about some bacon?
来点熏肉怎么样?
I made enough for an army.
我煎了一大堆。
You going to the baseball game today?
你今天要去看棒球赛吗?
It's a perfect day for it--a little cloudy but nice and warm.
今天是最好的看球天--有点云,但舒适暖和。
Dad and I were planning to go to the game,
爸爸本来要和我一起去,
but he has to work today,
但他今天工作忙,
and my friends don't want to go.
我的朋友们又不想去。
It's not an important game, anyway.
话说回来,这场比赛不重要。
Do you have any other plans for the day?
那么你今天有别的事吗?
I'll work on my computer.
我要练电脑。
I have a new math program, and I want to learn how to use it.
我有一个新的数学程式,我想学习怎样用。
Maybe you can teach me.
改天你教教我。
how to work on a computer someday.
如何使用电脑吧。
Anytime. It's really easy, but, like anything,
没问题。实在很容易,但是,和其它东西一样,
you need to work at it, Grandpa.
你得常练它,爷爷。
This bacon is great.
熏肉做得太好了。
I love crispy bacon.
我喜欢脆熏肉。
Oh, what are you doing tomorrow?
噢,明天你打算干什么?
Nothing much.
没什么要紧的事。
Well, maybe your dad and I could take you fishing with us.
嗯,也许你爸爸和我可以带你去钓鱼。
I'd like that, but ...
我很想去,但是……
But what?
但是什么?
But Dad is always so busy.
但是爸爸总是那么忙。
Well, can you come fishing with me tomorrow?
那么,你明天能和我一起去钓鱼吗?
Sure, I can.
当然,我可以。
Robbie says you can't take him to the game today.
Robbie 说你今天不能带他去看比赛。
I really feel bad about it,
我真过意不去。
but they need me at the hospital today,
但今天医院有事,
in the children's ward.
在小儿科病房那边。
I understand.
我可以理解。
Maybe we can spend some time together next weekend.
也许下个周末我们可以一起玩玩。
Definitely.
没问题。
We should.
我们应该如此。
You and Robbie and me.
你、Robbie和我。
Remember our first fishing trip?
还记得我们第一次去钓鱼吗?
I sure do....
我当然记得……
Well, I've got to run, Dad.
嗯,我得赶紧走了,爸爸。
See you later.
再见。
Going fishing?
要去钓鱼?
I'm thinking about it....
我正在考虑中……
So, how's work?
工作还顺利吗?
Oh, the usual problems.
还不是那些老问题。
You're working pretty hard these days.
你这阵子工作得很辛苦呀。
I guess I am.
我想是吧。
When did you last go fishing with Robbie?
你上一次和 Robbie 一起去钓鱼是什么时候啦?
I remember exactly.
我记得很清楚。
It was on his birthday, June second, two years ago.
是在他生日那天。两年前的六月二日。
We didn't catch anything.
我们什么也没有钓着。
Remember our fishing trips?
还记得我们以前那些钓鱼之行吗?
Yes. I loved them.
记得。我好喜欢哟。
Remember catching your first fish?
还记得你第一次钓到鱼的情形吗?
How can I forget?
怎么忘得了?
I fell out of the boat!
我摔到船外去了。
We had some good times together.
我们共渡许多美好时光。
Yes, we did.
确实如此。
Maybe we should do it again.
也许我们该再来一次。
How about tomorrow?
明天怎么样?
Don't you have to work?
你明天不用上班吗?
My paper work will wait.
文书工作可以缓一缓。
Oh, Robbie will be thrilled.
啊,Robbie 会高兴得不得了。
I am, too, Son.
我也很高兴,儿子。
I want to spend more time with Robbie.
我想多花点时间和Robbie在一起。
Tomorrow.
明天,
It'll be like old times for you and me.
你我过去的美好时光又会重现。
And Robbie will love it.
Robbie会喜欢的。
Well, what's the weather going to be like?
那么,明天的天气怎样?
Radio says sunny and mild.
广播说是晴天,温暖适中。
Well, I'll tell Robbie.
好,我告诉 Robbie。
And thanks, Dad.
谢谢你,爸爸。
Don't thank me.
别谢我。
I'm just being a grandfather.
我只是在尽一个爷爷的本份而已。